Just a quick note of appreciation for the outstanding customer service provided by your service technician, Jay. Thanks to him, an on-going problem is now fixed AND he also took the time to explain a lot of things about our system that weren’t addressed when it was installed last year. He’s knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and goes above and beyond. You’re lucky to have such an excellent employee!
We have been SchagrinGas customers for seven years. Our Rinnai, fireplace, furnace, AC, and Mitsubishi split system in the sunroom are all Schagrin originated and serviced. We couldn’t be happier with the company. Professional, qualified staff at every level of the company.
I have been a customer of Schagrin Gas since 2005 and my daughters have been customers since 2015 and 2019. I have always been impressed with their technicians’ attention to detail, knowledge and professionalism, not to mention the entire company’s friendliness. All of these qualities were on full exhibit Saturday, June 19th when a landscaping contractor working on a vacant home under renovation across the street from me hit the cap to the buried propane tank shearing off the valve. There was a loud boom and propane spewed out from underneath the guy’s truck. He called 911 and Singerly Fire Company arrived along with MD State Police. The contractor had managed to clamp off the broken valve. Singerly was asking if anyone knew who owned the propane tank, I told them the property owner did, but wasn’t in the area. I told them to have their dispatch call Schagrin, stating “they’re a local company and they’ll come out no matter who owns the tank”. Dispatch came back stating the technician was coming, but no ETA, then one of the firemen touched the clamp holding the valve shut and a geyser of propane shot into the air. I called the office number for Schagrin, talked to a person, not a machine, told her there had been a change in the situation that propane was now shooting into the air and you could smell it as the wind was carrying it into neighbors’ yards. She told me she would have someone call me and literally within 5 minutes Mike called me and told me the technician should be there any minute and he was. The technician immediately went to work with the fire company to stop the leak, confirmed the tank’s integrity was still good, but the valve needed to be replaced and requested MD Environmental Control to be called to assist. It was awfully hot and humid and of course it started to rain, but the Schagrin technician stayed on the job with the hazmat crew and within an hour they had the new valve installed and the cap back on. This is what you want in a company, one that is invested in their community and willing to jump in and help in an emergency situation even if it’s not their tank. I highly recommend Schagrin to anyone that asks me about HVAC and or propane, they are the truly the best resource in good times and in the worst of times.